Only One Earth
｜Length : 20min. x10, 15min. x10 ｜Year : 1997 ｜
Placing environment concerns above convenience
In the pursuit for a more comfortable life, humans rarely consider the damage to other living creatures and to the environment. This series questions today's values and lifestyles when measured against the resulting pollutants, waste and blight of natural resources. From an environmental perspective, we are taken on a journey spanning the ocean depths to deep forests and made to re-examine man's impact on nature. Suggestions on how to care for our planet and its finite resources are incorporated into each program, hopefully encouraging us to change our habits and way of life.
1. Creatures that Have Eaten Garbage
2. How Far Can Recycling Go ?
3. The Sleepless City
4. The Ocean's Forests
5. Vegetables for All Seasons
6. The Forest's Secret
7. The Dead Forest
8. A Doctor for Wild Animals
9. A Child is Born!
10. Feeding the Cranes
11. The Water Pouring into the Seas
12. Chase the Litter!
13. Let's Think about Plastic Bottles
14. People and Beech Forest
15. A Story about a Paddy-Field
16. White Stork, Fly Leisurely!
17. Invitation to the 'Dragonfly Kingdom'
18. Making Healthy Soil
19. Hand-made Electric Car, Go!
20. The Food in Japan
Nos.1-10: 20min. each
Nos.11-20: 15min. each